Consent to Telehealth Services
This Consent to Telehealth Services outlines the terms and conditions of using our telehealth services ("Services"), which are provided through our websites and applications. By using these Services, you can obtain an online consultation with an independent, licensed healthcare professional ("Provider") and receive mail order pharmacy services for any prescribed medications. Telehealth involves the delivery of healthcare services using electronic communications between a healthcare provider and a patient who are not in the same physical location.
Section 1: Telehealth Services
Telehealth services may include, but are not limited to:
- Electronic transmission of medical records, photo images, personal health information, or other data between a patient and a Provider
- Interactions between a patient and a Provider via audio, video, and/or asynchronous data communications, such as secure messaging and email
- Use of data from remote monitoring devices, medical devices, and sound or video files
Section 2: Benefits of Telehealth
- Easier, more efficient, and less expensive access to medical care
- Obtaining medical care and treatment at convenient times
- Interaction with Providers without in-office appointments
Section 3: Limitations of Telehealth
- Insufficient information for appropriate medical decision making, requiring alternative care
- Inability to conduct certain tests or assess vital signs in person, affecting diagnosis or treatment
- Potential delays in medical care due to technological failures
- Data security breaches compromising patient information
- Limited treatment options, particularly regarding prescriptions, due to regulatory requirements
Section 4: Patient Responsibilities
By agreeing to this Consent to Telehealth Services, you acknowledge and understand the following:
- You have read and understood the risks and benefits of telehealth services.
- You give informed consent to receive medical care and treatment by telehealth from affiliated Providers.
- The use of telehealth in your medical care may include technology not specifically described in this consent.
- No specific benefits or results can be guaranteed; your condition may not be cured or improved and may worsen in some cases.
- You have a duty to answer questions about your health and medical history honestly, accurately, and to keep all healthcare providers up-to-date on any changes.
- Withholding or providing inaccurate information may result in harm or even death.
- Providers may determine that your condition is not suitable for telehealth treatment, and you may need to seek alternative care.
- Telehealth services enable coordination and communication with a Provider and do not replace your relationship with existing healthcare providers.
- In case of a medical emergency, you should call 9-1-1 and seek immediate medical treatment.
Section 5: Privacy and Data Security
- You have the right to access your health and wellness information pertaining to telehealth consultations in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Your telehealth records will be shared with other healthcare providers only with your consent and at your request.
Section 6: Consent Withdrawal
- You may withhold or withdraw this consent at any time by emailing us with such instructions.
- Otherwise, this consent will be considered renewed upon each new telehealth consultation with a Provider.